Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2019

Alsace Region of France

Over fall break, the kids and I set out for the Black Forest, but added a quick jaunt over to the Alsace region of France first. This area of France is located west of the Rhine River next to Germany and Switzerland. It is incredibly beautiful and picturesque and is my favorite region of France.

Our first stop was the small town of Chatenois where we spent the night. It felt like we were in the middle of a fairy tale.


We didn't actually do anything in Chatenois other than walk around, but honestly that's all you need to do when you are somewhere this quaintly beautiful.




These fall blooms were incredible!



The next morning we got up and drove just a few miles down the road to another fairy tale town called Riquewihr, a 16th century village known for Riesling and other wines produced there.







Are y'all in love with this little village yet?? I could easily have spent two or three days here doing nothing but walking the cobblestone streets and been perfectly happy!





If ever I am forced to move to France, this is where you will find me because, my goodness, I don't think it gets much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment